ElaineHN's Guacomole ModifiedSubmitted by: ADLINS
IntroductionThis is ElaineHN's Guacomole recipe modified for fewer servings This is ElaineHN's Guacomole recipe modified for fewer servings
1 soft ripe Avocados
.5 medium Tomatoe (about 1 cup chopped)
1/4 cup mild onion - diced small
1/8 cup fat free sour cream
fresh cilantro or parsley - chopped
other herbs & seasonings to taste
1. Slice avocados in half and run a knife through them to create dice. Scoop out with a spoon.
2. Squirt lime juice over avocado and mix slightly.
3. Add tomatoes & onions. (Remove most of juice and seeds when dicing tomatoes if possible. Roma tomatoes are fleshier and are great for this recipe.)
4. Add fat free sour cream, herbs and seasonings to taste. Mix well. Refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
5. Serve as a snack, salad topping, sandwich spread, with Mexican food, or as a dip with tortilla chips or dry baked pita or bagel chips.
Number of Servings: 5 (based on information from an Avocado website that a serving is 1/5 of an avocado).
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ADLINS.