Flourless Chocolate CakeSubmitted by: HMELIKIAN
IntroductionGreat for Passover Great for Passover
Scharfenberger 82% extra dark chocolate, 215 gram(s), chopped
Butter, unsalted, 1 stick, cut into cubes
almond meal (almond flour) 1 c
brandy, 1 Tb
Egg, fresh, 5 large, separated
sugar, 1/3 c, divided
pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave in 30 sec. increments so chocolate doesn't overheat. Stir between heatings. Let cool.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/4 c. sugar until very light and thick
- Fold in cooled chocolate mixture and brandy until just combined.
- Fold in almond meal
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Add remaining sugar and salt and beat until firm peaks. Don't overbeat.
- Mix 1/3 egg whites into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining whites until just combined
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes until top is just dry and starting to form a couple of cracks.
- Cool on wire rack completely before unmolding. Garnish with cocoa power or confectioner's sugar. Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream
Serving Size: Makes 12 slices
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HMELIKIAN.