- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 608.3
- Total Fat: 29.4 g
- Cholesterol: 81.6 mg
- Sodium: 556.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 45.6 g
Slowcooker Italian Beef SammiesSubmitted by: KIMMIESAIDWHATT
IntroductionDelish slowcooker sandwiches that are a cinch to make! Even the toughest food critics will enjoy these. Delish slowcooker sandwiches that are a cinch to make! Even the toughest food critics will enjoy these.
3 lbs chuck roast
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 tbsps Garlic Powder
1.5 cups diced onions (raw or frozen)
1 (16oz) jar banana peppers (with juice)
2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
10 Chicago hard rolls
The banana peppers will break down during cooking but if you prefer to not have large chunks you can either chop them before adding or just add the juice from the jar.
If the beef is hard to shred, cook for an additional 30 minutes.
I tried this on whole wheat buns but I found that they were not stable enough to handle the hearty nature of these sandwiches, and I found that the Chicago hard rolls hold up better.
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Trim excess fat from meat. Place in slow cooker.
3. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and Garlic. Rub into meat.
4. Add the pasta sauce, onions and banana peppers, using the liquid from the jar as well.
5. Stir all ingredients well, making sure to coat the bottom of the slowcooker in some of the liquids.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 hours.
7. When ready to serve, shred beef in slowcooker and remove any excess fat.
8. Serve on sliced Chicago hard rolls.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings