- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 237.4
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 40.6 mg
- Sodium: 555.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 17.0 g
Hilda's Chicken Enchilada Suiza CasseroleSubmitted by: TLOGIRL
IntroductionThis casserole is easy, so delicious and surprisingly fairly healthful. It definitely is the type of casserole that will lend itself to variation and improvisation. I got this recipe from a nurse, Hilda, I worked with years ago in Palm Springs. This casserole is easy, so delicious and surprisingly fairly healthful. It definitely is the type of casserole that will lend itself to variation and improvisation. I got this recipe from a nurse, Hilda, I worked with years ago in Palm Springs.
2 large cans (12.5 oz each) of diced chicken breast (or substitute 2 cups of cooked, shredded, fresh chicken breast)
2 dozen corn tortillas (you probably won't use all 24)
2.25 cups (10 oz) of shredded light mexican cheese blend
1 can (10 oz) of Cambell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1 can (10 oz) of Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cans (4 oz each) of diced green chiles
10 oz water
Depending on your casserole dish, you may want to tear about half of the tortillas into smaller sizes (ie. half or quarters) before you start assembly.
Helps to keep one hand as your "wet" hand for handling the wet ingredients and one hand "dry" for handling the dry ingredients. Otherwise your fingers may become a bit of a gooey mess!
(1) Coat a 9 x 13 inch casserole with cooking spray.
(2) Blend both cans of soup, both cans of chiles and 10 oz of water in the blender until thoroughly combined.
(3) Dip tortillas into soup mixture and lay into bottom of casserole dish, arranging so that bottom of dish is completely covered with tortilla.
(4) Sprinkle shredded chicken, cheese and a pinch of garlic powder over the tortillas.
(5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until casserole dish is full.
(6) Bake covered with foil for 20-25 minutes. Uncover for the last 5 minutes to allow top layer of cheese to brown slightly.
Serving Size: makes 12 servings (3" x 4" squares)