Congealed SaladSubmitted by: APOLLYMI
IntroductionA Southern favorite A Southern favorite
* 1 6 oz package of Jello gelatin, any flavor
* 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
* 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, with juice
* 2 cups half and half
* Meanwhile, cook the pineapple in a small saucepan until it boils. Let it cook about 5 minutes. Cool it to room temperature.
* When the gelatin is partially gelled, blend the softened cream cheese into it until it is creamy. Mix in the cooled, cooked pineapple.
* Whip the cream until it is fluffy. Fold it into the gelatin-cream cheese mixture. Pour it all into a pretty crystal bowl and place it in the refrigerator to completely gel.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user APOLLYMI.