- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 132.9
- Total Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 44.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Algonquin Three Sisters Vegetables ~ Traditional Native American RecipeSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionFantastic Vegetable Dish! Serve with steamed Wild Rice and a grilled Venison Steak! Fantastic Vegetable Dish! Serve with steamed Wild Rice and a grilled Venison Steak!
2 C Baby Lima Beans (Fresh or Frozen)
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 C Corn (Fresh or frozen whole kernels)
2 C Eggplant
2 C Fresh, Firm Roma Tomatoes
2 C Yellow squash (1 medium)
2 C Zucchini (1 medium)
2 T Butter or Butter Substitute
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 c White Onion
1/2 c Fresh Parsley
1/4 t Pepper
1/4 t Paprika
Morton Salt Substitute to taste
1. Chop all vegetables to bite size.
2. Dice the parsley, onions and garlic.
3. In medium cast-iron skillet heat oil, add onion, garlic and peppers and saute until soft.
4. Steam squash, zucchini and lima beans until done and add to the skillet.
5. Season with pepper, paprika.
6. Season with Morton Salt Substitute to taste.
7. Stir in the fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 8