- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 338.1
- Total Fat: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 51.8 mg
- Sodium: 378.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 27.1 g
Firewater Chili~ Contemporary Southwest Native American RecipeSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionFantastic!! Adapted from a Food Network recipe to reduce the calories and sodium content. Fantastic!! Adapted from a Food Network recipe to reduce the calories and sodium content.
3 lbs Buffalo meat, cut into small cubes
1/4 c Olive oil
2 (14 1/2 oz) Cans of peeled whole tomatoes
2 Medium chopped yellow onions
4 Fresh minced Garlic cloves
2 Ears of Fresh Corn (Scrape kernels off or use frozen sweet corn)
2 Cans Green Chiles
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
2 Tbl Molasses
2 Tbl Garlic Powder
2 Tbl Chili Powder
2 Tbl Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 tsp Ground Cumin
Morton Salt Substitute to taste
1 1/2 C Water
1 c Gin
1 Can Poblano Chiles in Adobo Sauce
3 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
1 Tbl Ground Black Pepper
2. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/2 of meat.
3. Brown on all sides. place in the crockpot, then add remaining meat, brown and place in pot.
4. Crush the tomatoes, add tomatoes and juice to the pot.
5. Add corn, garlic, onions, chiles and beans.
6. Add seasonings. Stir. Add Salt Substitute to taste.
7. Blend the jalapeno and poblano chiles, gin, pepper and water together and add the "Firewater" to the crockpot and cover.
8. Cook on medium for 2-3 hours until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
9. Serve with bowls of diced white onions, chiles and Mexican Cheese on the side. Enjoy!!
Serving Size: 8