Turkey- Eggplant CasseroleSubmitted by: LYLISHOTTYMOM
IntroductionWW recipe (3 pts per serving) WW recipe (3 pts per serving)
1 lb. ground turkey
1 lg. red bell pepper
1 lg. green bell pepper
1 med. onion
3 cloves garlic
3/4 c. plain bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1- 28oz. can of crushed tomatoes
2. Chop peppers, onion, and eggplant into small bite size pieces, and mince garlic.
3. In a large dutch oven or small stock pot, spray the bottom with non-stick spray and cook onions, garlic, and ground turkey.
4. Once that mixtures is cooked, add chopped peppers, eggplant, bread crumbs, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large casserole dish (13x9 or bigger), cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes until vegetables are tender.
6. Remove foil and sprinkle the top of the casserole with the parmesan cheese. Put back in oven for additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Cut into 8 squares
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SYNN1977.