- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60.8
- Total Fat: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 172.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
Kale Chips (2 freggies per serving)Submitted by: EJOY-EVELYN
IntroductionMake your snack chips of the healthier variety. Kale qualities as a superfood. Like its cousin broccoli, kale is packed with vitamin C. Two cups have twice as much vitamin C as a medium orange. Itís also a good source of vitamin A (beta carotene), calcium, and potassium. Make your snack chips of the healthier variety. Kale qualities as a superfood. Like its cousin broccoli, kale is packed with vitamin C. Two cups have twice as much vitamin C as a medium orange. Itís also a good source of vitamin A (beta carotene), calcium, and potassium.
75 gr kale (1/4 head), wash, dried, rib removed
1 tsp olive oil
sea or popcorn salt to taste (optional)
I bake the whole head of kale (4 recipes on four cookie sheets), adding the oil and salt to one fourth at a time. Yum! Search online for "kale chip recipe videos" and you'll get a good sample of videos and spice options: for example spice with nutritional yeast powder or with your favorite spices)
2) Remove thoroughly dried, curly kale leaves in a bit bigger than bite-size pieces (1-2") from the stem and larger ribs.
3) Place kale on non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with olive oil non-stick oil.
4) Sprinkle batch with 1 tsp olive oil, toss lightly with fingers to spread oil. Gently finger rub each piece making sure each piece is oiled lightly.
5) Lightly salt (using sea salt or popcorn salt). Since it reduces in half, salt lightly . . . you can always salt later.
6) Bake 10 minutes, then turn leaves over. Return to oven for another 10 minutes until crisp. It may take another 5 minutes. (Cooking at this lower heat preserves the beautiful green color of the kale.)
7) Salt to taste. Cool on paper towel or cooling rack.
Serving Size: 2 cups raw = 1 recipe serving/2 freggies
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EHAGFELD.