Tomato Basil SoupSubmitted by: TENGELS82
- one half of an onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3-14 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- one quarter cup chopped basil
Substitute almond milk with cream for a creamier soup. You can also add shredded chicken to add some more protein to the soup.
2. Saute the onion and garlic in the saucepan
until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil remove from heat.
4. Pour into a blender (you may have to do this in sections). Process until the mixture is pureed.
5. Stir in the vinegar, milk, basil, salt and pepper.
6. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TENGELS82.