Chocolate Chip SconesSubmitted by: HEATHER_E_RAFFA
IntroductionThe lemon juice and almond milk can be replaced with 3/4 cup buttermilk. The lemon juice and almond milk can be replaced with 3/4 cup buttermilk.
3 c flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 c almond milk, plain unsweetened
5 Tblsp unsalted butter
3/4 c chocolate chips
2. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Use pastry blender or fingers to cut or rub butter into flour mixture.
4. Stir chocolate chips into flour-butter mixture.
5. Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
6. Divide dough into 3 pieces. Flatten each into a 5 inch circle. Cut each circle into 4 wedges.
7. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes at 430 F.
Serving Size: makes 12 scones
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HEATHER_E_RAFFA.