Spanglish riceSubmitted by: MISS*KRISS
IntroductionSpicy, filling, and low sodium/low fat Spicy, filling, and low sodium/low fat
* *Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey, 1 lb
* Green Bell Peppers , 1 cup, chopped
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
* Pepper, black, 1 tbsp
* Tomato Sauce, 1 cup
* Chili powder, 3 tbsp
* Garlic, 1 Tbsp
* Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tsp
* White Rice, long grain, 3 cups (cooked)
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Stir in cayenne, pepper, and chili powder
add tomato sauce and 1 cup water -stir until sauce is smooth.
Add salt to taste
Remove from heat and stir in 3 cups cooked rice until rice is completely coated
makes approximately 6 1 cup servings
for the rest of the family, throw a layer of grated cheddar cheese to turn this into a yummy casserole.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WINTERREVERIE.