- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 171.9
- Total Fat: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 45.0 mg
- Sodium: 360.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 18.5 g
Spanish Chicken and Rice (crock pot) (by 3008CP)Submitted by: 3008CP
View the original recipe for MAKEOVER: Spanish Chicken and Rice (crock pot) (by 3008CP)
1 to 1 1/4 lb boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
1/4 cup all-purpouse flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 lb bulk Italian sausage
2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 med tomatoes, peeled, cut up and juice reserved
1 can (6 oz) tomato juice (about 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
1/2 cup water
1 tsp chicken boillon granules
1/2 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning, crushed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 large clove garlic, minced
1. If desired, coat inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray. Cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces. In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and shake until chicken is well coated; set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, crumble sausage. Over medium heat, brown sausage. Remove sausage and drain on paper towels. Place in slow cooker. Discard drippings.
3. In same skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
4. Place tomotoes with liquid, tomato juice, rice, water, boillon granules and Italian seasoning in skillet. Stirring over medium heat, bring to boil, loosening browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over chicken. Top with onion, green pepper and garlic and stir.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours or until rice, vegetables and chicken are very tender.
6. Stir before serving.