Asian Glazed ChickenSubmitted by: TENGELS82
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- 4 chicken thighs, skin removed
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp agave nectar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp scallions
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
2. In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil.
3. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick)
6. Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings, one leg and one thigh each
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TENGELS82.