- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 917.6
- Total Fat: 59.7 g
- Cholesterol: 92.6 mg
- Sodium: 239.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 105.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
Dutch Oven Baked Caramel ApplesSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionThis is a great camping dessert! This is a great camping dessert!
4 Granny Smith apples
1/2 c Butter
1/2 c Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 c Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/2 c Chopped Nuts
1 c Melted Chocolate
1 c Whip Cream
1 t Splenda
2. Place the cored apples in a small pie pan covered with aluminum foil for easy cleaning.
3. Pack the core holes of each apple approximately 1/3 full of brown sugar. Place a large chunk of butter on top of the brown sugar. Add chopped nuts and top with additional brown sugar.
4. Place 3 to 4 small chunks of butter in the center of the baking pan and then top with some brown sugar (this creates a caramel sauce as the apples bake).
1. Prepare your fire using either charcoal coals or wood.
2. Place your Dutch Oven on the hot coals. Shift coals around the oven.
3. Heat the oven with it's lid on until it is hot.
4. Remove from the fire and place the baking pan with the prepared apples inside of the warm Dutch Oven.
5. Place the Dutch Oven back on top of the hot coals. Cover and add some hot coals on the top of the lid.
6. Bake 20 minutes until the apples are soft and the brown sugar and butter have melted into a caramel sauce.
7. When the apples are done, remove from heat.
8. Serve warm with chocolate and cream whipped with Splenda. Enjoy!!
Serving Size: 4