Cornflake ChickenSubmitted by: MORNINGGLORY609
IntroductionTotally gluten-free, but tastes like fried chicken! Totally gluten-free, but tastes like fried chicken!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tb ground flaxseed (flax meal)
1 Tb garlic powder
1 Tb Onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dried parsley (optional)
2 large egg whites
1/4 c milk
1 C cornflakes cereal, crushed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
* The easiest way to crush the cornflakes with no mess is to pour the cereal into a Ziplock bag, seal it, and either hit it with a mallet or attack with a rolling pin. Then empty contents into dredging bowl.
2. Set up a dredging station. In one bowl, combine ground flax, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley and paprika. Blend well with fork.
3. In second bowl, combine egg whites and milk. Whip well with a fork.
4. In last bowl, place crushed cornflakes.
5. Dredge chicken breast through flax mixture, then egg wash, then cornflakes. Make sure each piece is evenly coated. Place on broiler pan.
6. Sprinkle top of chicken with a little more of the spices if you wish for stronger flavors. Spritz each breast with EVOO cooking spray so it browns in the oven.
7. Cook at 375 for 35 - 40 mins or until chicken juices run clear. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: Makes 4 breasts
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MORNINGGLORY609.