Veal with Ricotta & SpinachSubmitted by: NATRONA32
Introductiontaken from a low-carb cookbook & entered to get calorie count taken from a low-carb cookbook & entered to get calorie count
2 - 4oz Veal Cutlet From Leg
2 - eggs, beaten
1/2 cup - Ricotta cheese, fat-free
3 tbsp - Fat Free Sour Cream
pinch -Nutmeg, ground
1 package - (10 oz) frozen Spinach, thawed
2 cloves - Garlic
1 tbsp - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
add a little sea salt to the egg for a little extra flavor. I found this to be a LITTLE bland so feel free to add spices accordingly. haven't experimented yet!
2. place pounded cuttles in bowl w/ egg & let sit for about 30 minutes. (a full 30 minutes is not necesary, this will depend on your available time)
3. in the mean time, mix cheese, sour cream & nutmeg in small bowl, blend WELL & set aside
4. drain spinach
5. in skillet, heat olive oil,then add spinach & garlic to saute. cover & set aside when done
6. heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. add 1 cutlet to set egg (about 20 - 30 seconds) then flip.
7. Place cutlet in small baking dish (I used a 8 X 8).
8. Top cutlet with about 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture & spread to cover cutlet.
9. top this w/ half the spinach
10. add 2nd cutlet to skillet to set egg on both sides then place on top of spinach.
11. top w/ about 2 more tblspns cheese & spread
12. cover with remaining spinach
13. spoon remainderof cheese mixture on top of spinach
14. place in heated oven & bake for about 30 minutes (till cheese is set.)
15. Serve & enjoy!
Serving Size: makes 4 servings. Each srvg has approx. 2 oz of veal
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NATRONA32.