Chicken and Corn Chowder
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionWatch out for the jalapeño pepper! Watch out for the jalapeño pepper!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain flour
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups skinless and boneless chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon fresh (or 1/4 teaspoon dried) thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4 oz.) can of creamed corn
2. Add onion, celery, and jalapeño and cook about 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in milk, chicken, corn, thyme, red pepper, salt and creamed corn.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County