- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 134.9
- Total Fat: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
- Sodium: 130.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
Low Fat Stawberry Protein MuffinSubmitted by: MOEGOMES
IntroductionHealthy strawberry muffins for breakfast or a snack. Healthy strawberry muffins for breakfast or a snack.
• 2 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free if possible)
• 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp flaxseed Meal mixed with 3 tbsp of water
• 3-4 packets of Slpenda with Fiber (this is according to your taste)
• 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 cup of strawberries, half inside batter and half for the top
• 24 Grams of protein powder (I used vanilla)
• ½ c fat free milk, I eye balled this and added it to the blender as needed to get the right consistency.
• 1/2 cup almonds or walnuts (optional), ¼ c of walnuts into the batter, remainder 1/4 c sprinkled on top of muffin.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a (preferably silicone muffin pan) with coconut oil spray and wipe down. Place all of the ingredients (except the strawberries) in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. Fold in half the strawberries. Pour into the muffin pan and top off with a few strawberries. Bake for ~ 15 minutes or until golden brown and done.
** If you don't have flaxseed meal substitute with an egg. Nutrition values are based on the recipe as i inputted it..
Serving Size: Yeilds 12 cupcakes
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOEGOMES.