- Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 118.4
- Total Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 10.3 mg
- Sodium: 53.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
Weelicious Oatmeal On-the-Go BarsSubmitted by: JOYFUL8581
IntroductionRecipe from http://weelicious.com/2010/03/01/oatmeal-o
n-the-go-bars/ Recipe from http://weelicious.com/2010/03/01/oatmeal-o
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cup Milk (any kind of milk — rice, almond, soy, cow’s — will work)
3 Tbsp Agave
1/2 Cup Applesauce
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Dried Fruit (Cranberries, Raisins, Blueberries, and/or Cherries)
1/2 Cup Nuts (Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, and/or Pepitas)
*Allow to cool, cut into squares and place in a ziploc bag to freeze up to 4 months. When ready, allow to defrost in fridge for 24-48 hours.
*Refrigerating the bars will make them last up to 5 days.
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Place the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix the milk, applesauce, egg, agave, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stir to combine and then stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
5. Pour the oatmeal mixture into a buttered or greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and golden.
7. Cool, cut into squares and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 18 Bars
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JOYFUL8581.