Keri's Stuffed MushroomsSubmitted by: LYLISHOTTYMOM
IntroductionDelicious, low-fat, low-calorie, vegetarian dish Delicious, low-fat, low-calorie, vegetarian dish
6 Large Stuffing Mushrooms (with stems)
1 Medium Stalk of Celery, minced
2 Tbsp. Onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4c. PLAIN bread crumbs
1/4c. PANKO (Japanese bread crumbs)
1/4c. Vegetable Broth or stock
2. Remove stems from the mushrooms, clean the caps, and mince the stems.
3. Mince the celery, onion, and garlic
4. In a large skillet sprayed with a bit of non-stick spray, brown the mushroom caps on both sides.
5. Once caps are browned add the broth to the skillet and cook mushrooms until tender.
6. Move cooked mushrooms to a large enough baking dish to accommodate all of your caps.
7. In same skillet, add minced stems, onion, celery and garlic. Cook thoroughly.
8. Once all vegetables are tender, remove from heat and add both types of bread crumbs.
9. Top with 2T. parmesan cheese
10. Place mushrooms in oven to finish for 12-15 minutes until browned and warmed through.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SYNN1977.