- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170.6
- Total Fat: 6.0 g
- Cholesterol: 37.1 mg
- Sodium: 153.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
Better Choice Carrot Cake Muffins with ToppingSubmitted by: CHOCOHOLIC4LIFE
IntroductionAn easy to make, healthier Carrot Cake Muffin recipe for any occasion. An easy to make, healthier Carrot Cake Muffin recipe for any occasion.
● 2 Cups Wholewheat Flour
● 1/2 Tsp Salt
● 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
● 1 Tsp Baking Powder
● 1 1/2 Cups (165 g) Grated Carrots
● 1/4 Cup (35 g) Chopped Walnuts
● 2 Tbsp (10 g) Chopped Walnuts (for Topping)
● 2 Large Eggs
● 1/3 Cup (80 ml) Honey
● 1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk (2 %)
● 2 Tsp Vanilla / Vanilla Essence
● 6 Tbsp (90 ml) Granulated Sweetener for Baking and Cooking (Canderel / Equal) OR 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
● 5.3 Ounces (150 g) Low Fat Cream Cheese
● 1 1/2 Tbsp (25 ml) Lemon Juice
● The nutritional information includes the topping made with Canderel Granulated Sweetener for Baking and Cooking.
● If using Granulated Sweetener for the topping tastes odd to you, you may use 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar instead (just remember to adjust your calorie intake).
● Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the muffin pan, each approximately 3/4 full.
● Bake at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 15 - 20 minutes. Check the center of a muffin with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out clean.
● Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
● For the topping, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with an elecric mixer set at medium - high speed until smooth.
● Spread the topping onto the muffins and sprinkle each one with chopped walnuts.
Serving Size: Makes Twelve Cupcakes (with Topping)