Easy Baked Blooming OnionSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionThis is an easy to baked version of the deep fried Blooming Onion! This is an easy to baked version of the deep fried Blooming Onion!
4 Large Sweet Vidalia Onions
4 tsp Honey Mustard
6 Tbsp Dried Bread crumbs
1/2tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 c Fat-free Sour Cream
1/2 c Fat-free Mayonnaise
2 tsp Dried Minced Onions
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Dill Weed
1. Preheat oven to 425*
2. Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, dried onions, garlic powder and dill weed and chill until ready to use.
1. Slice an 1/2 inch off top of onion and peel off the outside layer. Discard the peels.
2. Cut the onion into 16ths, stopping half an inch from root end.
3. Wrap each onion in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish.
4. Bake for 20 minutes
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and open the foil. Roll the foil down to form a little bowl under each onion.
6. Combine the butter and mustard and generously brush it over the onions.
7. Sprinkle the onions with the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
8. Return to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes until the crust is brown and crispy.
Serve immediately with the dip.
Serving Size: 6
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VEHAMILTON1.