Lisa's chicken poppersSubmitted by: NATRONA32
IntroductionI love poppers but have to reduce the fat in my diet so I came up with a ' chicken stuffed popper' instead!
I used my own home made refried beans for an even lower fat count I love poppers but have to reduce the fat in my diet so I came up with a ' chicken stuffed popper' instead!
I used my own home made refried beans for an even lower fat count
2 cups water
1 b/s-less Chicken Breast
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
1/2 cup Mexican Four Cheese blend, Low Fat, shredded (divided)
3/4 cup homemade Refried Beans
6 jalepeno peppers, fresh, halved (seeds removed)
cook till pepper is soft, depending on your grill (or oven) this will vary in time. If over an open flame of a grill, use a low heat to reduce HCA's
2. in bowl, mix shredded chicken, refried beans & 1/4 cup cheese
3. spoon a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture onto each halved pepper till all 12 are full.
4. sprinkle remaining cheese over poppers.
5. spray cookie sheet w/ pam or other low calorie spray to keep peppers from sticking
6. you can cook these on a grill (on cookie sheet OR directly on grate) for about 20 minutes on medium heat
7. bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 325
Serving Size: 1 popper