Low carb Berry trifleSubmitted by: TRAINLADY1107
Sugar-Free Angel Food Cake (Whole cake), 8 oz (remove)
*Jello sugar free fat free instant vanilla pudding mix (not prepared), 32 gram(s) (remove)
*Oakhurst Fat Free Skim Milk, 2 cup (remove)
Kiwi Fruit, 2 fruit without skin, medium (remove)
Blueberries, fresh, 1 cup (remove)
Strawberries, fresh, 18 medium (1-1/4" dia) (remove)
Almonds, .5 cup, slivered (remove)
**A Taste of Thai - LIte Coconut Milk - WHOLE can (398 ml
*orange extract, 1 tsp (remove)
Low fat cream cheese, 1 cup (remove)
**To make whipped cream from coconut milk
One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste (optional)
Hand beaters or a stand mixer
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; I left mine in overnight.
2. Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.
3. Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.
4. Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don't include anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies, or just drink it straight.)
5. Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
6. Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.
8. Serve with fresh fruit, pie, or cobbler.
To make whipped cream from coconut milk
Serving Size: Makes 12 servings
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TRAINLADY1107.