- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 178.8
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 31.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
Cazlin: Apple Cinnamon MuffinsSubmitted by: CAZLINR
IntroductionThis recipe is from The 8-Weel Cholestrol Curb cookbook. They can not be overcooked or they are dry. Otherwise they are moist and taste great.
Good with applesauce or apple butter. This recipe is from The 8-Weel Cholestrol Curb cookbook. They can not be overcooked or they are dry. Otherwise they are moist and taste great.
Good with applesauce or apple butter.
2.25 cups oat-bran cereal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1.25 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tbl baking powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4- 1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup skim milk or evaporated skim milk
3/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
2 egg whites
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 medium apple, cored and chopped
muffin pan liners
The recipe was figured using 1/3 cup of raisins.
2. Mix the milk, apple-juice concentrate, egg whites and oil in bowl or blender.
3. Add to the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Add the chopped ingredients.
5. Line the muffin pans with paper baking cups and fill with batter.
6. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 17 minutes.
7. After cooling, store in a large plastic bag to retain moisture and softness.
Serving Size: 12 muffins
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CAZLINR.