- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 265.6
- Total Fat: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 50.8 mg
- Sodium: 356.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
Coconut Curry Chicken Green Beans and RiceSubmitted by: TREESAH22
IntroductionI had lots of fresh green beans from my garden to make this delicious curry recipe! I had lots of fresh green beans from my garden to make this delicious curry recipe!
Rice, Kraft Minute Whole Grain Brown Rice, 1 cup
Coconut Milk, .5 cup
Chicken Broth, 1 can (10.75 oz)
Onions, raw, .5 cup, chopped
*Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1 cup, chopped
Garlic, 2 clove, chopped
Curry powder, 1 tbsp
Chicken Breast, no skin, 12 ounces
Green Beans (snap), 2 cup
Salt and Pepper to taste
I like mine kind of sweet, but my husband does not, so I sprinkled 1/2 a packet of splenda on my portion after plating.
2. Chop and cook 12 oz. chicken until done. Remove from pan.
(I used fresh green beans, so I prepared them by steaming them for 3 minutes and then running them under cold water.)
3. Add 1/2 cup chopped onions and 2 chopped cloves of garlic to pan - saute for 3 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup chopped peppers and 2 cups green beans - saute for 3 more minutes.
5. Add 1 tbsp curry powder, remaining chicken broth from can, and 1/2 cup coconut milk.
6. Add cooked chicken and rice to pan and stir.
7. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TREESAH22.