S'mores CupcakesSubmitted by: BLUEYEDESIGN
IntroductionGraham Cracker Crust, Chocolate Cupcake, Melted Chocolate topping and Marshmellow Frosting Graham Cracker Crust, Chocolate Cupcake, Melted Chocolate topping and Marshmellow Frosting
Graham Cracker Crust:
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
5 Tbsp butter, melted
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
8 large egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
5-6 full sized Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz each) (For melted chocolate on top)
2 cups mini marshmallows, for garnish
Make sure all ingredients are room temperature before mixing.
2. In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Drop tablespoon amount of graham cracker mixture into each liner and press down to form crust.
3.Bake the crusts for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
4. Batter: Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
7. 7.Break Hershey's bars into small pieces and melt in microwave, 30 seconds on 50% power, stirring after every 30 seconds. Repeat until melted.
8.Spoon a tablespoon amount of chocolate on top of each cupcake, spreading to cover.
9.Chill cupcakes in fridge until chocolate is set.
10. Frost with Marshmellow Frosting (below)
1. Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
2.Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, and mix until combined. While mixture is still warm add marshmellows till mixture is gooey. Can use immediately or throw in the fridge and use later.
Garnish Cupcakes with graham cracker crumbs, toasted marshmellow, graham cracker piece, and chocolate piece.
Serving Size: Makes 18 Cupcakes
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUEYEDESIGN.