- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 229.9
- Total Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 45.6 mg
- Sodium: 79.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 21.5 g
Chicken Rice with Tomato SauceSubmitted by: MAMAOF3KIDDIES
You can add any other veggies you like, or switch the rice to pasta.
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 2 breast, bone and skin removed (remove)
* *Extra Light Olive Oil, 1 tbsp (remove)
* Basil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Oregano, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
* Garlic, 4 cloves (remove)
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, .5 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) (remove)
* Sweet potato, cooked, baked in skin, without salt, 1 medium (2" dia, 5" long, raw) (remove)
* Swanson Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free, .25 cup (remove)
* Success Whole Grain Brown Rice, 2 cup (remove)
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add herbs & garlic and cook for 2-3 mins. Add chopped tomatoes and sweet potato pulp along with 1/4c chicken broth. Add chicken strips & increase heat until mixture comes to full boil. Reduce heat & cover tightly. Let simmer for 20 mins. Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to package. Once cooked & drained, return to pot; add tomato mixture to rice and mix until all ingredients are combined.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAMAOF3KIDDIES.