Roasted Red Pepper Dip
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionAdd some spice to your life with this great alternative to regular chip dip. Add some spice to your life with this great alternative to regular chip dip.
- 2 medium red sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon crushed and dried thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
Cut peppers into quarters and remove stem, seeds, and membranes.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Place peppers down on foil, skin side up and press each segment to lie flat on sheet.
Bake in an oven at 425º F for 20 minutes or until skin is blackened and blistered.
Remove peppers from oven and place in a paper bag. Close bag and let cool for 10 minutes.
Peel and discard skins.
2. Place peppers in a food processor, cover and blend until finely chopped.
3. Add tomato paste, sugar, thyme, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth.
Options: For a different colored dip, try orange or yellow sweet peppers.
Makes 3/4 cups and serves 12.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County