- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 246.5
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
- Sodium: 759.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
MAKEOVER: Bacon Cheese Pull-Apart Casserole (by SHAR261)Submitted by: SHAR261
View the original recipe for Bacon Cheese Pull-Aparts
IntroductionMy hubby loved this one. Used reduced fat foods; sharp cheddar for more flavor, so 2 oz instead of 3 oz. Added bell peppers. Yummy. My hubby loved this one. Used reduced fat foods; sharp cheddar for more flavor, so 2 oz instead of 3 oz. Added bell peppers. Yummy.
2 oz. (about 1/2 cup) sharp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkg. Pederson's no nitrate no MSG bacon, 8 slices
cooked & drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (4 medium)
1/4 cup of red & yellow diced bell peppers
1/4 cup egg beaters
2 tablespoons skim or almond milk
1 can (16.3 oz.) Pillsbury'sŪ GrandsŪ Flaky Layers Reduced Fat Refrigerated Original Biscuits
Prepare the cheese, bacon & veggies ahead of time. Don't be afraid to blot the dish with a paper towel after baking to sop up any extra fats from the cheese & bacon. Fun to experiment with different veggies and cheeses. Would like to try with spinach and feta cheese sometime, and Mrs. Dash or other spices. :)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook bacon in pan and drain. Microwave on paper towel for 30 seconds to reduce fats.
3. Dice the peppers and onions and shred the cheese.
4. Spray 11x7- or 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
5. In large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth.
6. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly. Fold in bacon, cheese, peppers and onions. Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; arrange biscuit pieces in single layer.
7. Bake at 350°F for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and cut into squares. 8 servings