- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 246.1
- Total Fat: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 83.4 mg
- Sodium: 810.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
Creamy, Chunky Crab and Shrimp SoupSubmitted by: WYNDBORNE
Onions, raw, .25 cup, chopped
Garlic, 1 tsp
Butter, unsalted, 2 tbsp
Mushrooms, fresh, .5 cup, pieces or slices
Shrimp, raw, 4 oz
Louis Kemp, Crab Delights-imitation crab, 0.5 cup
Yellow Sweet Corn, Frozen, 0.5 cup kernels
Cream of Shrimp Soup, 1 can (10.75 oz)
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
1. In a 2 quart or larger sauce pan melt 2 tbsp unsalted butter over medium heat.
2. Then sautee onions and garlic in butter until onions are soft (you may add pepper to taste)
3. Add shrimp, imitation crab, and corn continue to sautee until everything is warmed thouroughly.
4. Stir in one can of cream of shrimp soup.
5. Then fill can with nonfat milk and stir in slowly
6. Trun heat to low, cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes, stirring often.
If you enjoy a little heat in your food, you may add a tsp of hotsauce or use a bit of cajun seasoning during steps 2 and 3.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WYNDBORNE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I used the cream of celery also, and increased the shrimp to about 7 oz. The canned soup mix didn't compliment the flavors very well and the corn was understated too much for me. I think I'm going to try it again with same ingredients, but create my own broth, but as is we won't make again. - 10/29/11