- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 404.7
- Total Fat: 16.4 g
- Cholesterol: 72.7 mg
- Sodium: 581.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 20.2 g
Lasagne con spinaci, Mozzarella e panna acidaSubmitted by: SERENDIPITYFR0G
IntroductionNo, I am not Italian... It just sounds yummier in a different language! It means: Lasagna with Spinach, Mozzarella and Sour Cream
I came about this last night, when I realized I did not have any Ricotta or Cottage Cheese! - Ugh!! No, I am not Italian... It just sounds yummier in a different language! It means: Lasagna with Spinach, Mozzarella and Sour Cream
I came about this last night, when I realized I did not have any Ricotta or Cottage Cheese! - Ugh!!
16 oz. Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
1 c Sour Cream
5 oz Spinach, fresh, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp EVOO
16 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
3-1/4 c Spaghetti / Marinara Sauce
I usually lay noodles the long way, then the short way, then the long way again... I also trim the extra noodle over hang after I have completed my stacking. You can leave it or cut it. Your choice. ENJOY!
2. Cook noodles per package directions. Drain, rinse off with cold water, set aside.
3. Heat oil over medium heat, stir in garlic, cook until starting to turn color. Add spinach. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain if needed. ((I personally cook until all liquid is gone)). Set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, 12 oz of the mozzarella, spinach and garlic mixture. Stir well.
5. Pour about 1-1/2 cup of pasta sauce into a deep baking dish. Lay one layer of noodles across the bottom, not overlapping. Spread half spinach mix over top. Lay another layer of noodles going the opposite direction over the spinach mixture. Spread with remaining sauce. Layer more noodles in the first direction over sauce. Pour remaining spinach mixture over noodles. If any noodles left, put those on top. Cover with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 - 15 minutes longer, depending on your choice of cheese cook-age. I like mine crispy... So I go for 15 minutes or I broil it for 5 minutes on high. Your choice.
6. Let cool 5 - 10 minutes. This is important! Let the dang food cool ((I can never do this - I always dig in before I should!!))... The consequences are simple: The lasagna will fall apart. It will not create a pretty stack. It will still taste good!! Just not look good!! :)
Serving Size: Makes 9+ servings, depending on the way it's cut
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SERENDIPITYFR0G.