Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 415.5
- Total Fat: 26.4 g
- Cholesterol: 78.7 mg
- Sodium: 1,493.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 17.8 g
IntroductionThis is a major reconstruction of a recipe I found on-line for those who love Hawaiian rolls. Not something to have regularly, but a unique recipe nonetheless. This is a major reconstruction of a recipe I found on-line for those who love Hawaiian rolls. Not something to have regularly, but a unique recipe nonetheless.
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1.5 tsp Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp Poppy Seeds
9 tsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp salted butter, softened
8 slices extra lean ham (5% fat)
4 wedges Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Original
1 pkg Kings' Hawaiian rolls
For additional fiber use the wheat version of the Hawaiian rolls.
To reduce sodium intake use unsalted butter and low-sodium Worcestershire sauce.
To reduce calories even further you could try using spray butter INSTEAD of 4 tbsp other butter.
2. Peel and thinly slice onion
3. Heat oil in skillet and add worcestershire sauce, onion, and poppy seed. Simmer till onions are translucent.
4. While onions are simmering open pkg of rolls. Cut the entire pkg of rolls in half, horizontally, keeping all bottom and top halves intact.
5. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam and place bottom half of rolls in pan.
6. Soften butter and spread onto bottom half of rolls.
7. Remove onion mixture from heat and place 1/2 of mixture on top of rolls in pan.
8. Top that with ham slices.
9. Spread Laughing cow wedges on cut side of roll tops. Place on top of items in pan.
10. Spread remaining onion mixture on top of layers in pan. Cover and bake for 15-20 min.
11. Separate into individual rolls and serve hot.
Serving Size: 4 servings- 3 rolls each
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JJAQUES41.