Eggy Veggy CrepesSubmitted by: ROBBYNU
IntroductionYummy healthy crepes filled with yummy eggs and vegetables. Yummy healthy crepes filled with yummy eggs and vegetables.
Crepes, 4 serving
Mushrooms, fresh, 6 medium
Onions, raw, .5 cup, chopped
Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh, 1 Tomato, 6 serving
*Eggs, Trader Joe's Cage Free Grade AA, 1 egg (50g), 2 serving
*Egg, white only large, cage-free Trader Joe's, 4 serving
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste.
Use an electric mixer to whip the eggs to a very frothy, but not peaked, consistency. Eggs will taste lighter.
2. Whip eggs and whites.
3. Heat skillet, add olive oil, toss in onions and mushrooms. Heat until just starting to tender.
4. Add eggs to mushrooms and onions. Mix together to scramble eggs with vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. As eggs start to set, add spinach. When nearly cooked through, add tomatoes.
6. Heat crepes in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power or on the stovetop, lightly on each side in a skillet.
7. Place 3/4 to one cup of egg/vegetables in crepe, wrap, enjoy!
Serving Size: Makes 4 crepes; two crepes is a filling breakfast
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ROBBYNU.