- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 307.5
- Total Fat: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 65.7 mg
- Sodium: 838.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 20.6 g
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Peppers, Potatoes & SausageSubmitted by: WIGIME
IntroductionA one dish meal you can serve with a salad. A one dish meal you can serve with a salad.
3/4 lb Italian Chicken Sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lb red potatoes
2 medium sweet bell peppers (yellow, red, etc) cut into 1 to 1/2 inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
To reduce calories, you can omit the Parmesan cheese. Also, go easy on the salt since the sausage will add flavor to the peppers & potatoes when cooking.
2. Combine vinegar, olive oil and garlic in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the sausage, potatoes & peppers. Toss to coat well. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet.
5. Roast until the sausage is cooked and the potatoes & peppers are slightly caramelized, about 20 - 25 minutes. You may want to stir the mixture 1/2 through the roasting time.
6. Add the parmesan cheese after you have dished up the meal.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WIGIME.