- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 1,822.3
- Total Fat: 75.5 g
- Cholesterol: 1,158.5 mg
- Sodium: 3,939.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 172.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 26.4 g
- Protein: 112.2 g
Reduced Calorie Egg McMuffin Knockoff Freezer MealSubmitted by: JANTO2
IntroductionMake ahead and freeze these for a quick, weekday breakfrast. Make ahead and freeze these for a quick, weekday breakfrast.
1-pkg. (6) Whole Wheat or Low Calorie English Muffins
6-slices Kraft 2% sliced cheese
6-large Eggs, baked
9-slices turkey bacon, cooked
Original recipe called for cooked sausage or turkey sausage.
I used real bacon, (because that was what I had on hand) cooking in oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, till crisp. (the oven method renders more fat from the meat.
I also made homemade biscuits using the Heart Healthy Bisquick, then slicing and filling as described.
Since I don't eat pork, I made some without the meat to freeze, and also used the 2% Kraft Pepperjack cheese for more flavor.
2. Cut bacon in half, cook to crisp. Set aside.
3. Spray a Whoopie pan (sold online ) with butter flavor spray. (You can use a large muffin pan, egg rings, or any other oven safe pan that will give you a flat egg.)
4. Break an egg into each compartment of your pan.
5. Take a toothpick to break the yolk, and spread it around a bit.
6. Bake in over for 10-15 minutes, or until eggs are set. (Too long and they might be rubbery.)
7. Slice English Muffins, unwrap cheese slices.
8. On 6 muffin halves add slice of cheese, top with 3 strips of turkey bacon, then top with egg and other half of muffin.
9. Wrap each muffin in either foil or wax paper, then put finished muffins in a Ziplock bag, lay flat and freeze.
In Microwave: (wax wrapped) cook frozen muffins in microwave for 1- 1.5 min., turning over halfway through.
In Oven: (foil wrapped or unwrapped) 350 degrees for about 10-15 min.
Serving Size: Makes 6 single serving muffins
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JANTO2.