- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 433.7
- Total Fat: 10.3 g
- Cholesterol: 39.5 mg
- Sodium: 643.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.6 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
Kamut Rotini w/Tomato Meat SauceSubmitted by: BKWERM
1 lb. ground beef, extra lean
1 19-oz can Diced Tomatoes with Herbs and Spices
2 6-oz cans 100% Natural Tomato Paste with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 medium onions, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 pkg (454g/16oz) Kamut Rotini
1 large green peppers, chopped
5 small zucchinis, chopped
1 tsp hot pepper sauce or to taste
1 tbsp HP Sauce (Original Steak Sauce) or to taste
1 tsp ground cinnamon or to taste
2. In a large saute pan, cook the ground beef until all pink is gone.
3. Once the beef is cooked, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
4. Add the chopped green pepper and zucchini along with a little water or stock to prevent sticking, adding more as needed.
5. Once the zucchini and the pepper have started to soften, add the mushrooms and cover.
5. Stir and add more water as often as needed until all the veggies are cooked.
6. Once all the veggies are cooked, add the canned tomatoes and tomato paste and mix. Add the hot pepper sauce, steak sauce and cinnamon and mix again.
7. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
8. Drain cooked pasta and add sauce.
9. Mix and enjoy.
Serving Size: Makes 8 1.5-cup servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BKWERM.