- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 260.7
- Total Fat: 10.9 g
- Cholesterol: 20.0 mg
- Sodium: 276.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 9.2 g
Twice Baked Butternut Squash (with quinoa and gorgonzola)Submitted by: DEVVYCDN
3. Rinse quinoa and set aside. In a medium pan heat olive oil over medium low heat. Dice shallots, add to oil, and saute until shallots are fragrant. Stir in quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer at let cook until water is absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
3. While quinoa cooks, scoop out butternut squash, leaving a ¼”-1/2″ on the sides and bottom. Drain water from pan and return butternut squash to the pan, cut side up.
4. Mash butternut squash and stir in gorgonzola cheese. Once quinoa is done, add it to the butternut squash. Taste and add salt if need be.
5. Scoop filling evenly into butternut squash halves. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese and return to oven. Let bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and the tops begin to brown. Remove from oven, cut eat half in half, and serve.
6. Evenly spread filling back into butternut squash
Serving Size: 4
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DEVVYCDN.