Red Pepper SoupSubmitted by: ESPERANCE
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 4 red bell peppers, chopped
* 1 onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 24 fluid ounces chicken broth
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2. Pour in the chicken broth, stirring well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Run the soup through a strainer and return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the heavy cream and the ground black pepper and allow to heat through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Can be made with heavy cream in place of the milk. Calories will equal 259.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ESPERANCE.