- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 274.7
- Total Fat: 11.2 g
- Cholesterol: 47.3 mg
- Sodium: 449.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 15.9 g
Creamy Leek, Potato, and Kale SoupSubmitted by: FUSIONFITNESS3
1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
1.5 lb potato
4 cups leeks, sliced
4 cups kale, chopped and tightly packed
4 cups 2 percent milk
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1/2 pepper (or more to taste)
2 Farmer's Sausage (Costco brand) diced
1. Peel and cut potato into golf ball size pieces. Lay on plate. Cover with paper towel. Cook for approx. 5 minutes until soft.
2. Heat grapeseed oil in pot. Add leeks and kale and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add salt.
3. Add milk, nutmeg, and potato. Cook another 5 minutes over medium low heat.
4. Add pepper.
5. Blend to desired consistency with hand held blender.
Cook another 15 minutes over low heat.
6. Cook sausage in microwave for approx 5 minutes. Add to the soup.
Serving Size: 8 servings -
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FUSIONFITNESS3.