Primal Cajun DirtySubmitted by: LJSCRIVEN
IntroductionThis recipe is great for those of you who like a little cajun spice. Riced cauliflower is used for the rice, significantly reducing the carbs and calories. This recipe is great for those of you who like a little cajun spice. Riced cauliflower is used for the rice, significantly reducing the carbs and calories.
Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean, 8 oz
Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, chopped
Onions, raw, .33 cup, chopped
Garlic powder, .5 tsp
Garlic - minced, .5 tsp
Celery, raw, 1 tbsp
Cajun Seasoning, 1 tsp
Pepper, black, .25 tsp
Salt, .5 tsp
Cauliflower, raw, .5 head, large (6-7" dia)
Butter, 1 tsp (optional)
If you don't want to microwave the cauliflower, cook over medium heat on the stove, covered, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Just enough to soften the cauliflower
1) Process fresh cauliflower until it is the size of rice, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even use a knife, if you have the dexterity to chop it up VERY finely.
2) Microwave it in a covered dish for 2:30-3 min. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cauliflower absorbs water like crazy, and the "granules" will become gummy. To keep it fluffy, just let the moisture in the cauliflower do its work.
Prepare the dirty
1. Place ground turkey into a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the turkey until the meat gives up some of its fat, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in green bell pepper, onion, and minced garlic. Cook and stir until the turkey is crumbly and no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 more minutes. Drain excess grease, if necessary.
2. Stir in the cooked cauliflower, garlic powder, celery flakes, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper. Gently stir until heated through.
3. Season to taste with salt and additional black pepper, if desired.
Serving Size: Makes 2-3 servings