Pumpkin Spice MuffinsSubmitted by: PIRATELASS
IntroductionThese are virtually fat free and have no eggs. They make a very dense and filling muffin. These are virtually fat free and have no eggs. They make a very dense and filling muffin.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed, canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup dried cherries
vegetable oil spray for muffin pan
2 Tablespoons ground flax meal
2 Tablespoons brown sugar Splenda blend
2. Soak dried cherries in water for 5 minutes while putting together other ingredients.
3. In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
4. Add in the canned pumpkin, water, and cherries; stir until just mixed.
5. Lightly coat a muffin pan with vegetable oil spray. Fill cups to the top with batter.
6. Mix ground flax seed and brown sugar Splenda blend. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Let stand for 1 or 2 minutes before removing from pan. When cool, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serving Size: 12 muffins
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PIRATELASS.