Adapted Chicken AlfredoSubmitted by: CJYOUCANDOIT
IntroductionMy Family loves this meal. I adapted it from Fix It and Forget It page 37. I use a lighter alfredo sauce, added some vegetables and used Smart Taste Pasta. My Family loves this meal. I adapted it from Fix It and Forget It page 37. I use a lighter alfredo sauce, added some vegetables and used Smart Taste Pasta.
Classico Light Creamy Alfredo, 1- 15 oz. jar
Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
Garlic, 4 cloves, finely chopped
Chicken Breast, no skin, 6
Carrots, raw, 1.5 cup, strips or slices
Mushrooms, fresh, 2 cup, pieces or slices
Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 1 cup
Ronzoni Smart Taste 'Rotini' (Springs)
1. I usually start with frozen chicken. If the chicken is thawed you may want to cook for a shorter time.
2. I have used both white and dark meat in this.
3. This recipe works well with creativity
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Lay chicken breasts in the crockpot on top of the sauce.
3. Add garlic, onions, and carrots
4. Put the rest of the alfredo sauce on top of the chicken and vegetables. Cover and let cook for 7 hours and 45 minutes.
5. Cook pasta separately and hold until 15 minutes before you are ready to eat.
6. Break up meat before adding pasta and mushrooms.
7. Add pasta and mushrooms. Sprinkle cheese on top. It is ready when cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 8 servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CJYOUCANDOIT.