- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 223.9
- Total Fat: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,003.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.5 g
- Protein: 16.9 g
High Fiber Crumbles TacoSubmitted by: EGGY78
IntroductionA ridiculously easy and pretty tasty vegetarian taco with a fair amount of protein and fiber. A ridiculously easy and pretty tasty vegetarian taco with a fair amount of protein and fiber.
1 - OLE Extreme Wellness High Fiber Tortilla
1/2 c. Morningstar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles
1/4 c. Icerberg Lettuce, shredded
2 T. Sour Cream
2 T. Chopped Onion (White or Red)
2 T. Salsa
Taco Seasoning, to taste
- This recipe is very easily adjusted to your tastes
- Substitute OLE Extreme Wellness Spinach or Tomato & Basil tortillas for a little different flavor with about the same nutritional value.
- Sour cream can be substituted for a non-fat variety if desired.
- I find it useful to add just a bit of water (maybe 2 tsp.) to the crumbles when microwaving.
- Crumbles really stick to your dishes though so be ready to soak your bowl.
- If you want more tacos, this recipe is really easy to double and everything can be adjusted to taste.
- If you're watching sodium intake, substitute taco seasoning for Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, and Onion Powder (in a ratio of roughly 10:1:2). I just use roughly the same amount of Cumin I would taco seasoning and then add a couple dashes each of cayenne and onion powder
Place crumbles in a tortilla, topping with lettuce, onion, sour cream, and salsa.
Serving Size: Makes 1 Taco
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EGGY78.