- Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 63.8
- Total Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
- Sodium: 38.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie, (healthy)Submitted by: JJGETMOVING789
IntroductionYet another pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is a healthy version, almost clean, which uses applesauce and whole wheat flour, but does use white sugar. You could substitute honey if you wanted to make it a cleaner recipe. Yet another pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is a healthy version, almost clean, which uses applesauce and whole wheat flour, but does use white sugar. You could substitute honey if you wanted to make it a cleaner recipe.
1 cup Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
.5 cup sugar (.25 c. more, for sweeter cookies)
.5 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 large egg
1 T vanilla extract
2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 T pumpkin pie spice (more, if desired)
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate morsels
These cookies are best eaten cooled, but not stored for a long time. They get sticky when stored in a plastic container.
2. Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl: pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, egg, vanilla extract.
3. Sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, combining until just mixed. don't over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the batter onto greased cookie sheet. The cookies will not change shape much, so shape them as you want them to look.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven. Let sit for 2 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
Serving Size: makes 36 cookies- 1 cookie=1 serving
Number of Servings: 36
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JJGETMOVING789.