- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 169.2
- Total Fat: 3.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 74.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
Multigrain Thin Crust Pizza Dough (by MINTHESCRAPPER)Submitted by: MINTHESCRAPPER
View the original recipe for Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza Dough
IntroductionThis is a GREAT pizza dough...but keep in mind the nutrition information is for the crust only! This is a GREAT pizza dough...but keep in mind the nutrition information is for the crust only!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 tsp (or 1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp olive oil
- cornmeal for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 tbsp each garlic powder, italian seasoning, onion powder or whatever spices you want (to taste)
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp ground oats
2. Sprinkle yeast on top.
3. Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
4. Pour into a large bowl.
5. Add flour, salt, olive oil, flax and oats
7. Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
8. Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
9. Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
10. Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
11. Divide dough in half.
12. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
13. Try to make it thicker around the edge.
14. If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
15. Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
16. Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.
17. Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.
18. If you don't want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
19. Take a portion of dough, form into a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).
20. When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow to thaw before using.
Each pizza yields 4 servings of 2 pieces of pizza.