- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 221.4
- Total Fat: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 288.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 17.8 g
PEI Mussels with fresh herbs and tomatoesSubmitted by: BPASSPORT
IntroductionEasy and tasty and high in Protein! Mussels are so easy and versatile! Easy and tasty and high in Protein! Mussels are so easy and versatile!
1 lb. fresh PEI mussels
1/2 cup diced tomatoes, canned
fresh herbs, examples basil, parsley, thyme
1/2 cup white wine
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2. Dice onion
3. mince garlic
4. chop fresh herbs
5. measure out tomatoes and white wine.
6. set all ingredients to the side and heat your pot, you will need a lid to steam your mussels!
7. Once the pan is heated, throw in your onion and garlic and just a dash of olive oil to saute, cover with the lid and stir occasionally, about 3 min.
8. Add in tomatoes and a bit of juice and reduce just till there just a little juice left.
9. Add mussels, cover with herbs, add white wine and stir it up, then cover for about 10 minutes. the mussels will open fairly soon, but will still look translucent. they are done when they are opaque.
10. Pour all the mussels and juice into a large bowl and have an empty spare bowl for discarding empty shells into.
11. Enjoy with a salad, or a nice crusty bread to soak up the bouillon. This bouillon is even better if you add some butter just before you pour the mussels out of the pan, but it adds calories and fat, but wow, the taste!!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BPASSPORT.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I had 2 lbs of mussels so I made a double portion. The first evening I thought it was okay. I removed the remaining mussels from their shells and left them in the broth. The next evening I separated the mussels, heated the broth and returned the mussels to the broth. It was DELICIOUS!! A Winner. - 4/15/09