Ultra low carb browniesSubmitted by: ALISHACARR88
Introductionyummy fix for those on a low carb diet. 6.4 grams of fiber per square! yummy fix for those on a low carb diet. 6.4 grams of fiber per square!
1/2 cup Cardio Smart Butter with Flax oil
3 cups Splenda Plus Fiber
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Cup egg beaters
1/2 cup cocoa
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups flax seed meal
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup half and half (fat free) cream
2/3 cup water
Nuts are optional to the mix, can add them to the mixture before baking or on top before baking
2) Add the Splenda to the butter and cream them together until fully combined (aim for a fluffy texture).
3) Add the vanilla and beat the eggs into the mixture
4) Add cocoa, beat well.
5) Add chocolate, beat until fluffy.
6) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
7) Pour into a pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top springs back. (You can also test if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in the brownies. If it comes out clean, or almost-so, they're done.)
8) Cool, then cut into 32 squares. If you cheat and eat one warm, know that the texture will be different once completely cool. That's when they become like real brownies. (They are even better the next day.)
Serving Size: makes 32 brownies
Number of Servings: 32
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALISHACARR88.