Pizza TurnoversSubmitted by: SACKRET
IntroductionThis makes 4 very substantial servings. This makes 4 very substantial servings.
1 t Canola Oil
2 Al Fresco Sweet Italian Sausage links
1 package Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust Dough
Pesto (calculated with recipe that contains no parmasan and walnuts substituted for pine nuts)
1 roma tomato, sliced to make 8 pieces
2 baby bella mushrooms, sliced thin
1 cup mozzarella
1. Slice sausage links thinly (about 1/4 in) and cook in hot oil until brown. If pan gets dry before sausage is done, add water by the tablespoon.
2. Unroll pizza dough onto greased cookie sheet and cut into 4 sections
3. Spread pesto on each section
4. Top 1/2 of each section with sausage, mushroom, tomato and mozzarella
5. Fold in 1/2 and pinch closed
6. Brush with beaten egg
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
Serving Size: 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SACKRET.